Monday, October 27, 2014

Cate Culpepper's passing

It's all over Facebook, but, for those of you who don't know, we lost a giant this weekend.  Cate Culpepper passed away after a long illness.

I only met Cate once at a GCLS conference, but she has emailed me a number of times and posted frequently on Lesfic_Unbound.  She was supportive and funny and kind.  I didn't realize how ill she was or I would have written her more often.  It's one of those things that we always wish we had done.

Cate's books are amazing.  Her Tristaine series is well known, but, if you haven't read her stand alone books, you must.  They were always masterfully done and wonderfully told.  She didn't waste words, but painted clear and powerful scenes.  I can't think of one that I didn't enjoy.

If you can measure a person by the way she is remembered, then Cate led a full and purposeful life.  Many of our authors are posting better words than I can about her, but it is clear that she touched many lives, those people she met and the ones she inspired.  This is a terrible loss, but she left us something rich to remember her by.

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment